Congratulations on your admission to IIT Institute of Design
You are joining a vibrant community of students with diverse backgrounds, faculty who are leaders in advanced design methods, and alumni from around the world. The common denominator among this group is a shared belief that many of the biggest problems of our time require design. Sustainability, health care, educating the nation’s children, innovation, urban life, and many other challenges need design to create solutions that are desirable to users, viable for business, and technically possible. Your time in the program will afford you opportunities to work in these areas as well as many others. Our distinguished alumni include icons of design history and those on Fast Company’s list of young masters of design.
First steps for new students
There are several steps to take prior to attending ID as a new student.
- Make sure you can access your myIIT Account and email
- Submit a deposit to reserve your place as a newly admitted student
- Submit a Financial Affidavit for your visa (I90 visa guidance) if you are an international student
- Complete your immunization requirements to be able to enroll in courses
- Join the Institute of Design student Google Group to connect with other incoming students. Instructions to join were sent to your @id.iit.edu email.
- Take note of key dates for the fall 2020 semester. New student orientation starts the week of August 17, classes start on August 24, 2020 and tuition and fees are due September 8, 2020.
Many students are eager to start their journey. We suggest you review some of the information that has been assembled for incoming students to get your feet wet and get ready to dive in.
ID Community Calendar
The fall academic calendar and the orientation week agenda are coming soon.
ID also has a public community calendar where students, faculty, and staff can view ID-related activities. This is the official portal where we capture important event announcements that are posted to the ID bulletin board or circulated through other channels. To import the ID community calendar to your Google calendar, click the drop-down menu next to “Other Calendars” and select “Add by URL,” then paste the following address:
Let’s get social
IIT Institute of Design is on many social media platforms. You can get news, updates, and inspiration by following on:
Still can’t get enough? The fall 2020 course catalog and in-depth course descriptions will be coming soon. In the meantime, take a peek at the fall 2019–spring 2020 academic overview to get a sense of what is offered at the school. ID training is intensive, taking place in a team-based, hands-on environment to give students the collaborative skills and exposure to multi-disciplinary work so essential in professional practice. Students will work with their assigned advisor prior to registration to plan their course of study.
Fellowships + Financial Aid
Visit IIT’s office of financial aid webpage for more information on funding options and opportunities. Please be advised, many options may only be available to undergraduate students so read descriptions carefully before applying.