First steps for new students
Congratulations on your admission to IIT Institute of Design. There are several steps to take prior to attending ID as a new student.
- Make sure you can access your myIIT Account and email
- Submit a deposit to reserve your place as a newly admitted student
- Submit a Financial Affidavit for your visa (I90 visa guidance) if you are an international student
- Complete your immunization requirements to be able to enroll in courses
- Import the ID community calendar to your Google Calendar. This is the official portal where we capture important event announcements that are posted to the ID bulletin board or circulated through other channels. To import, click the drop-down menu next to “Other Calendars” and select “Add by URL,” then paste this address: https://tinyurl.com/yy3nkdtn
- Take note of key dates for the spring 2022 semester. New student orientation starts the week of January 10 and classes start on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. You will see the full academic calendar here.
If you have questions or troubles with any of the steps above, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many students are eager to start their journey. We suggest you review some of the information that has been assembled for incoming students to get your feet wet and get ready to dive in. Take a peek at our student guides here:
You will find these documents, and many other resources that you will use throughout your time at ID, on our GuideID website, which was created by students for students. You will need to log into your new ID Gmail account to access this site (instructions are in your admissions letter and here).
Fellowships + Financial Aid
Visit IIT’s office of financial aid webpage for more information on funding options and opportunities. Please be advised, many options may only be available to undergraduate students so read descriptions carefully before applying.
Let’s get social
IIT Institute of Design is on many social media platforms. You can get news, updates, and inspiration by following on: