ID offers some of the top-rated graduate design programs in the world. As a result, companies as well as governmental and nonprofit organizations actively seek out our students and graduates. In fact, our placement rate has historically been above 90% within three months of graduation. recruitID is one of our most popular and successful events.
What is recruitID?
recruitID combines valuable content, meaningful discussions, 1:1 interviews with our talented students, and a curated group of best-fit organizations for our students.
It's much more than a career fair. This biannual recruiting event offers a range of benefits for employers and recruiters:
- Interview candidates for open full-time and internship positions.
- Host lunchtime roundtables to discuss your organization or a topic of special interest.
- Accept informational, walk-in interviews.
- Discuss the latest trends and thinking in design and business with your peers.
- Build professional networks and cultivate relationships with colleagues and the ID community.
- Learn about opportunities to be involved in ID thought leadership efforts and augment your in-house resources with a dedicated ID faculty and student team, including through project sponsorship.
- Connect with the ID Student Association, and plan to host a tour of your organization or lead a Lunch + Learn.
How does it work?
ID provides facilities and coordination. We make it easy to review applicants and manage interviews:
- Using the Handshake platform, companies can post open positions, view ID applicants, and select and schedule interview candidates all in one place.
- Meals and a private interviewing space are included in price of registration.
- A resume book for your review will also be available for walk-in slots.
- We offer a common space for you to network with colleagues or step away from the interview room.
You are welcome to bring promotional materials, but because this is not a career fair you will not be setting up a booth.
Why hire from ID?
ID alumni are experts in design strategy who lead across the private and public sectors—at Amazon and Apple, McDonald’s and McKinsey, Whirlpool and the White House.
- ID students are trained to solve complex problems.
Our constantly evolving curriculum ensures are graduates are professional trained to solve today’s most difficult problems.
- ID is your source your source for experts in design strategy.
IIT Institute of Design graduates lead strategy, research, and user experience design at organizations like Google, Facebook, IDEO, Salesforce, IA Collaborative, GE, McKinsey, Lunar, Autodesk, Doblin, Uber, SAP, Method, Steelcase, IBM, Capital One, UnitedHealth Group, and more
- ID students think responsibly, ethically, and cooperatively.
Our students are dedicated to building intelligent futures using design and have experience in pushing the boundaries of applied design in the civic and social sectors.
- ID students have begun building their resumes long before graduation.
At ID, lectures and seminars complement hands-on workshops. Our partnerships with organizations across provide students with a range of experience.
What can ID innovators do for you?
Organizations hire ID graduates for a wide range of roles
Design Planner / Design Strategist / Senior Innovation Strategist / Director of Product Development / Director of Innovation Methods / Director of User Research / Brand Strategist / Director of Interaction Design / Senior Information Architect / Director of Strategy and New Business Development / Digital Enterprise Strategist / Director of Experience Design / Senior UX Researcher and Strategist
Organizations that have recently hired ID graduates
Amazon / Autodesk / BCG / Blue Cross Blue Shield / Booz Allen / Capital One / Doblin / EY / Facebook / Final Mile / Ford / Gensler / Google / Grand Studio / IA Collaborative / IDEO / INSITUM / Infosys / McKinsey / Method / McDonald’s / Perkins + Will / Salesforce / SAP / Steelcase / SC Johnson / Teague / Uber / Verizon / Wrigley
Recruit Our Students
For more information on recruiting our students, please contact us.