Director, Corporate + Community Partner Engagement
At least once a year, IIT Institute of Design hosts ID Design Camp. At this four-day immersion into the design process, professionals from corporations and nonproﬁts learn the ID brand of strategic thinking—directly from ID faculty.
At ID Design Camp, you:
- Get hands-on experience that stays with you.
- See results materialize after just four days.
- Discover why design is so important to forward-looking businesses today—and what design-driven innovation can accomplish for your organization.
- Learn directly from ID faculty who are pioneering the latest thinking in design, and who have expertise in everything from ethnography to behavioral science.
- Build and tap a network of innovation practitioners.
Who should attend ID Design Camp?
Nothing should hold you back from building an intelligent future for your organization. Maybe you’re a business executive, innovation manager, or problem solver—or maybe you just need to think like one.
- No formal design training or experience is required.
- Innovation management experience is helpful.
To maintain the highest quality experience, class size is limited to 30 participants per session. Register today to join ID’s international community of learners and practitioners, people who are addressing the biggest issues of our time by eliciting a power unique to humans: creativity.
It was great to be able to walk out of a week at ID right into a digital innovation project for a global handset manufacturer with all the models, worksheets, and skills so fresh in my mind. ID’s methods have proven to be some of my most valuable tools in bridging the gaps and introducing the concepts of human-centered design thinking to clients and agency teams. I take a lot of training programs in different strategic approaches, but I tell everyone ID Design Camp is the best ever.
—Jordan Herald, Principal, Gravity Ltd.
- Transform your communications into experiences that change minds.
- Define the right problem area in order to maximize effort and outcomes.
- Use observation to reveal unmet needs that translate into opportunities.
- Go from great idea to workable solution using insights from behavioral design.
- Develop early prototypes to produce offerings people love.
- Embrace constraints in order to unleash creativity.
Leave with ready-to-use frameworks and tools for practicing innovation and managing the creative process. Participants have used their learning at ID Design Camp to:
- Facilitate international workshops.
- Lead creative projects.
- Manage organizational innovation efforts.
Because participants use a real world challenge facing an area nonprofit; their work at ID Design Camp results in real solutions, including:
- Developing new ways to experience a sailing program for the disabled.
- Creating deeper engagements at a senior citizen center.
- Prototyping safer, community-driven events for Chicago’s 606 trail.
Anheuser-Busch InBev, Advocate Aurora Healthcare, Autodesk, Bosch, Carhartt, FedEx, General Motors, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Intuit, Logitech, Marriott, McDonald’s, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Milwaukee Tool, New Balance, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Northwestern Mutual, Salesforce, S.C. Johnson, Steelcase, Target, Wolverine World Wide, Inc., Year Up, and many others.